ARC Review: The Light That Gets Lost

Title: The Light That Gets Lost
Author: Natasha Carthew
Series: N/A, Stand Alone
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: November 5th 2015
Pages: 320
My Rating: 3 stars
No child should ever have to see what Trey saw. You can hide, You can try to block it out. But there is no blocking it out, and when you see it, your dead parents. Murdered. There is no denying it. And there's something that snaps when you see that, no matter what age you are. And Trey's demons want revenge on the people who murdered his parents. 
At a camp for broken, crazy and just generally messed up people, Trey's demons might just be appeased when he finds out that maybe...just maybe...revenge is never too far away. But love and friendship also mightn't be too far out of reach either.


Thank you to Bloomsbury and Netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC, free of charge, in exchange of an honest review. This has, in no way, altered my review. 

I didn't love this one as much as I hoped too. I feel like it promised more than we got from it. By the synopsis, I wanted suspense, I wanted gripping, thrilling moments that would make my heart stop, That would make me sit at the edge of my seat.

And did I get any of it? Not really.

What I got was something more reminiscent of, Of Mice and Men. With the country slang and the farm type situation, I felt more like I was watching George without Lennie. Actually scrap that, George before he met Lennie and he was angry at the world. That's what Trey seemed like to me. And the ending of this book basically presented him meeting his Lennie. Only Lennie had boobs and more of an attitude.

The writing was good and the cover was beautiful but this book just so wasn't for me. This usually is right up my street but maybe the language of the book put me off completely.




Thee "Let me feed the rabbits, George" stars

Labels: , , , , ,