Review: Under the Never Sky




Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #1
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Publication Date: December 4th, 2012
My Rating: 4 Stars


In a world of danger
an unlikely alliance
breathtaking adventure
and unforgettable romance...

  Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

  Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

  If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.


  OH MY GOSH, how could I have thought that I would hate this book?!

  The romance! The feels! The ending! Cliff-hanger! I'm not even coherent right now!I NEED THE NEXT BOOK! Good thing I have a copy.

----------------------FULL REVIEW----------------------

  When I started reading Under the Never Sky, I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did. I didn't understand what Aether was and what realms were. It was an effort for me to understand what was happening. But, after a hundred pages, the explanation finally came. The explanation of terms came a hundred pages too late for me, and I felt like there was no way that I would like the book now.

  However, after those explanations got out of the way, I found reading the book much more enjoyable, as it didn't take any more effort at all. Despite my earlier thoughts, I found myself actually enjoying the book - from the plot, to the writing, to the characters. I got sucked by Veronica Rossi's beautiful writing into her vibrant world. 

  The characters in Under the Never Sky were all so great. I loved how different they all were - Aria, Perry, Roar, Cinder, Marron, Talon - but at the same time all being great characters. In some books, the distinction between characters are not that obvious, but Rossi did a magnificent job of making each character unique, not just by what they do, but also by how they act. I'm not sure how to describe it, but this is one of my favorite things about the book.

  Of course, another one of my favorites from the book is the romance. It was written in such a beautiful way that it really tugged on my heartstrings and made me feel all the feels. I felt so much for the star-crossed lovers, and I rooted for them until the end.

  The ending was just AHHH! I don't even have the words for it. It made me want to dive into the next book immediately, and I ached when I couldn't since I had to finish another book first. Guys, this book is such a great read, and you definitely need to check it out if you don't want to miss an amazing book.



4 wonderful, all the feels stars


Labels: , , , ,