Mini Review #1: "3 books: Making Liars Fall"

 

Mini reviews are for books which I have read and want to share my thoughts on, but couldn't write a fully review on mostly either because I loved it too much and whatever I say won't do it justice or I felt nothing towards the book and have not much to say.  Mini reviews are reviews which just consists of 1-2 paragraphs for each book. For every mini review post, there will be 2-3 books featured.
  Today, I will be posting my thoughts on Making Faces by Amy Harmon, We Were Liars by E. Lockheart, and Deeper We Fall by Chelsea Cameron. These reviews were from 2014 but only posted now as I only decided to have this feature this year.

Making Faces by Amy Harmon: 5
Making Faces was an exceptional read. Although the first chapters were kind of slow for me, it did not stop this book from being one of my favorite books of all time. The characters were amazing and I loved how the three main characters, namely Fern, Ambrose and Bailey were heroes in their own ways. The story was very realistic, enjoyable and relatable, and there were a lot of really amazing quotes from it.
"Everybody is a main character for someone."

 We Were Liars by E. Lockheart: 2 stars
Oh, the hype. Half the time I'm reading this, I didn't know what was going on. I wanted to know what happened of course, but I had to convince myself to read the whole thing rather than just jump to the last pages to find out. This book is crazy, and I didn't like it at all. Please don't kill me for saying that!

"Do not accept and evil you can change."

Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron: 3 stars
Deeper We Fall, for me, is a novel that should be very good and is very good, but I just don't feel it. I think it's just a bit above normal. There were moments that I liked, yet there were also moments that I hated and was annoyed at. It was interesting, but not interesting enough to hold my attention. I kept putting it down, and it took me several days to finish it. I wanted to like this more, I really do, but I just don't know why I don't. There were some really great lines from this novel that highlighted, but aside from that, I read through this novel being on the neutral side of things instead of hating it or loving it.

“No sense in worrying about the past. It's not going to worry about you.”

Labels: , , , ,