Review: My Favorite Mistake




Title: My Favorite Mistake
Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
Series: My Favorite Mistake #1
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publication Date: September 28th, 2012
My Rating: 4 Stars

  Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

  On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

  Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

  But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.

  When one of Taylor's roommates backed out on them, she didn't expect a guy, Hunter, to be the replacement, and she definitely didn't expect them to be sleeping in the same room! From the first time they met, Zoe couldn't stand Hunter and his sexual references. But as time passed and they started getting to know each other, feelings also begin to develop.

  Being tired of the whole 'tragic past' theme most books have these days, I was quite surprised by how much I loved this one. This book has been sitting on my virtual shelf for quite a while now, and I'm so glad that I finally picked it up because it turned out to be a really amazing read!

  To be honest, I can't really explain much about why I loved this book so much. I just know that I loved all the characters, even the minor ones - Taylor, Hunter, Taylor's roommates and Hunter's friends. I loved how supportive they were and how they were there for each other, even in just tiny ways. I also felt really connected with the characters even though I have never experienced what they have experienced.

  I definitely will read more books by Chelsea Cameron. If any of them are close to this one, then I definitely will enjoy it! 


“Love is simple. You fall and that's it. You'll work the other stuff out. You just gotta let yourself fall and have faith that someone will be there to catch you.”

Labels: , , , ,