One, Two, Three… by Elodie Nowodazkij
Publication date: June 26th 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
When seventeen-year-old Natalya’s dreams of being a ballerina are killed in a car accident along with her father, she must choose: shut down—like her mother—or open up to love.
Last year, Natalya was attending the School of Performing Arts in New York City. Last year, she was well on her way to becoming a professional ballerina. Last year, her father was still alive.
But a car crash changed all that—and Natalya can’t stop blaming herself. Now, she goes to a regular high school in New Jersey; lives with her onetime prima ballerina, now alcoholic mother; and has no hope of a dance career.
At her new school, however, sexy soccer player Antonio sees a brighter future for Natalya, or at least a more pleasant present, and his patient charms eventually draw her out of her shell.
But when upsetting secrets come to light and Tonio’s own problems draw her in, Natalya shuts down again, this time turning to alcohol herself.
Can Natalya learn to trust Antonio before she loses him—and destroys herself?
Little facts about One, Two, Three & Elodie Nowodazkij
1. Little fact: I wrote this book (mostly in the train) in 6 months back in 2012. And it has gone through several revisions since.
2. Little fact: Like Natalya, I love pelmeni - but my favorite Russian dish is stuffed blinchiki (mostly with mushroom and mashed potatoes) yum!
3. Little fact: I got the inspiration of my main character's name - Natalya - from my mother-in-law
4. Little fact: Like Natalya’s father, my favorite composer is Chopin.
5. Little fact: My book is officially coming out on June 26th 2014 because it's my parents' 40th wedding anniversary
, by Divergent Gryffindor